Work from home with muscles and mind
• Working from home means you will be spending even more time behind your computer. Even the usual smalltalk during the coffeebreak will be virtual. If you spend all day long at your desk it is important to stretch your muscles. Luckily for us the internet is full of videos that help us do a quick workout. Do you need a relaxing stretching workout for stiff muscles and stress relief? Try these ‘easy stretches to do at work’: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9WC_eLmP30
• Working from home does not only affect our bodies, but also has a great impact on our minds. Do you want to start your day peacefully or do you need help clearing your mind after a long working day? Try online quarantine yoga classes.
Cultural couch entertainment
Now that we all have to stay home as much as possible it can be difficult to entertain yourself. That is why we have listed three activities you can do from home!
- First of all, many European museums opened their doors for you. Not in real life, but online. On the website of I Am Expat you can find a selection of museums in Europe that you can discover via virtual online tours: https://www.iamexpat.nl/lifestyle/lifestyle-news/european-museums-you-can-visit-virtual-tours
- Want to experience the best of Amsterdam from home? On the website of I Amsterdam you can take a look around and experience the Amsterdam Area in 360 degrees. Visit our beautiful beaches, walk through the endless tulip fields, discover Amsterdam’s castles and gardens, or take a look inside an historic windmill: https://www.iamsterdam.com/en/plan-your-trip/day-trips/amsterdam-360
- Do you love to sing? Vocal leader James Sills started The Sofa Singers, a weekly online singing event that brings together people from all over the world. Not the best singer? No problem! The others are only able to see you but cannot hear you. Register here: https://www.thesofasingers.net/
In the mood for food
As said before, all bars and restaurants had to close. Since you can no longer visit them, many restaurants decided to bring the food to you. The following websites keep track of the restaurants who started to deliver food: