ServicedApartments.nl - Privacy Statement
We are dedicated to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your "personally identifiable" information. We are committed to using our customers' information only in a responsible manner. We are committed to respecting your privacy and adhering to the principles of applicable data protection and privacy laws. In case of conflicting laws, the laws of the land of as applicable in the conditions of sale or service of ServicedApartments.nl (SA.nl) shall prevail. However, your privacy is our main concern.
We have provided this Privacy Statement as an explanation of the information we collect, how we use it, and how the use of this information can benefit your experience on our web sites and during your relationship with us. We wish to help you make informed decisions, so please take a moment to read the sections below.
How do we collect information:
We do not collect personally identifiable information when you browse our website or visit our app unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide such information. This means that we will not know your name, your email address, or any other personally identifiable information just because you browse our website unless you:
- access a website from a link in an email that we sent;
- have created a profile and log-in when you access a website.
When we do need to collect personally identifiable information from you, we will ask you, your employer, your relocation company or travel agency to voluntarily supply us with the information we need. For example, if you would like to make a reservation at one of our properties, we will ask you for information such as name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card number and room preference to process your reservation. We may collect this information directly from you by telephone, fax, email, at the counter, upon completion of an application or enrollment form, or through your use of the website.
Information may also be collected as part of: (i) fulfilling reservation or information requests, (ii) submitting a job application, (iii) submitting a credit application, or (iv) responding to communications from us or our affiliates (e.g., surveys or reservation confirmations), (v) registering for, or responding to a subscription request for our newsletter. We endeavor to collect information only with your knowledge and with your permission if necessary.
Types Of Information
The types of personally identifiable information that we collect may include your name, home, work and email addresses, telephone numbers, credit card information, date of birth, gender and lifestyle information, such as room preferences, and other information necessary to fulfill special requests (e.g., health conditions that require special room accommodations).
We may also collect non-personally identifiable information about you, such as your use of our websites, communication preferences, travel habits, aggregated data relative to your stays, and responses to promotional offers and surveys.
You may be offered the choice not to submit your personal information or to decide what communications you want to receive from us. However, doing so may cause certain transactions to become affected. For example, failure to provide your name will prevent the processing of reservations.
Use of Information
We will never sell your information to third parties or allow its use in any manner except with the purpose to reasonably ensure and permit the business relationship that you wish to establish with us.
We may disclose your information to others with that purpose in the following ways:
- when you voluntarily choose to include personally identifiable information in a publicly accessible area of a website (e.g., public profile);
- we may use "cookies" information and "automatically collected" information to: (a) personalize our services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the websites; (b) provide customized third party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the websites and third party marketing activities; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
- when we communicate with employers, relocation companies, travel agencies, companies or organizations, who have made reservations, agreed to make payments, arranged for discounts, or purchased services on your behalf or if you use our services under a corporate or other commercial account;
- if you seek to have your rental charges invoiced to your employer or any other third party, we may disclose personally identifiable data about you to that employer or third party and to any companies that assist the third party in processing invoices;
- when we report to credit card issuers, credit reporting and fraud checking agencies and debt collection agencies, but only to the extent necessary to comply with contractual agreements;
- if you choose to do business with us through, or with the assistance of, your employer's or any third party's travel agent, relocation company or other intermediary, we may disclose personally identifiable data about you to the employer or other intermediary to make, modify or cancel a reservation made by or with the assistance of the agent, to respond to questions or comments made by the agent on your behalf, to facilitate any other task that the employer or intermediary advises us that you intend for the agent to fulfill, or that such an agent would, as a matter of industry practice, typically fulfill;
- in situations where sharing or disclosing your information is required in order to offer you services you desire, but only in the event we advise you of our intention to share such information;
- when companies or service providers that perform business activities on behalf of ServicedApartments.nl require such information (e.g., credit card processing, customer support services, market research administration or database management services)
- to comply with legal or regulatory requirements or obligations in accordance with applicable law or court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, and otherwise in our good faith belief that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request, to operate any website properly, or to protect or defend our rights or the rights or well-being of our employees, users or others or if you are involved (or are suspected by governmental authorities or our security functions to be involved) in any illegal activity; or
- in case of emergency such as to safeguard the life, health, or property of an individual. If personally identifiable information is shared as mentioned above, we will limit the scope of such information that is furnished solely to the amount necessary for the performance of the specific function. We may confirm personal information you provide us on applications and forms, or as a resident of one of our communities, with third parties, such as your bank, employer, present mortgage company or landlord, utility providers, government entities, credit agencies, and other businesses where you have an account or a credit card. Unless otherwise precluded by legal process, we require third parties to protect your personally identifiable information in a similar manner as set forth in this Privacy Statement, and abide by applicable privacy laws and regulations.
- when we have received your written consent to do so;
Use of Email
We will use your email address to send a confirmation and, if necessary, may use the other information to contact you for help in processing the reservation. We also may use your email address to:
- send you pre-arrival confirmation details;
- communicate emergency or crisis-related information;
- send you copies of your bills when you request them; and
- send you periodic satisfaction or market research surveys.
The servicedapartments.nl website also places cookies on your device to make navigating the website easier. These cookies are used to allow the website to remember choices you made and provide for enhanced, more personal features. For instance, these cookies can be used to remember the status of your shopping cart, or to allow you to return to a previous page.
The servicedapartments.nl website may also place cookies to integrate social media (i.e. Twitter, Google+ and Facebook). These social media will have their own privacy and cookie policies which servicedapartments.nl does not control. Please check the social media websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
The corporatehousingfactory.com website uses the Facebook tracking pixel. This pixel collects data for advertising purposes. Your name, email, phone number and online behavior collected through the pixel may be used for targeted Facebook advertising. E-mail addresses will be anonymized and may be used for targeted advertising. If you wish to unsubscribe from advertising via this platform, click here. The data will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.